January 31, 2021 0 Comments
Happy Sunday Dare 2B Artzy Friends!!
We are excited to have sisters Maureen and Michele back on the blog today!!
Hello friends! We are back as guest designers for the Dare 2B Artzy blog to share the second card we created using their “Friends” stamp set.
To create our project, we used the smaller of the two leaf cluster stamps and the individual flower stamp from the set. We started with a piece of smooth white 80 lb. cardstock measuring 4.25” x 5.5” and stamped the leaf cluster using black hybrid ink so that the image hung slightly off the top and left edges of our panel. Using masking paper, we cut a mask of this leaf cluster and adhered it over the image we just stamped. We then stamped the leaf cluster again to the right of our first image so that the second leaf cluster slightly overlapped the first and that it also hung off the top edge of the panel. Next, we carefully removed the mask that was covering our first stamped image and repositioned it to cover the second leaf cluster we stamped. We repeated this process two more times until the entire top edge of the card panel was covered with flowers and leaves. On a separate piece of smooth white 80 lb. cardstock, we stamped another leaf cluster and three individual flowers using the same hybrid black ink.
The images were all colored using Copic markers. Colored pencils were then used to add depth and highlights to the images. On the stamped card panel, a light gray pencil was used to create drop shadows of the leaves and flowers. The single leaf cluster and flowers that were stamped on a separate piece of cardstock were then fussy-cut and set aside.
A stitched rectangle die measuring 4” x 5.25” was used to cut down the stamped card panel. This was then mounted onto a top-folding, A2 sized note card using foam tape for some dimension. Using a diagonal-stitched frame die measuring 3” x 4.24”, three frames were cut from white cardstock and stacked and adhered atop one another with liquid glue. This frame was then glued to the center of the stamped card panel.
The sentiment was carefully stamped inside the diagonal-stitched frame using an acrylic block. The leaf cluster that was fussy cut was adhered to the top of the frame die cut using liquid adhesive and the parts of the image that was hanging off the card panel were trimmed with scissors. The three individual flowers were adhered onto the card using small foam dots for added dimension and interest.
Well, that completes our card project. We hope it inspires you to give it a try. This stamp set is beautiful, and we find it to be very versatile.
Stay safe and keep crafting!
September 28, 2021 0 Comments
September 27, 2021 0 Comments
September 24, 2021 0 Comments