December 31, 2015 0 Comments
So excited about our mini wine and cheese shadow box class.
We created these cute cork lined shadow boxes with the new Dare 2B Artzy “Cork Background” and “Fine Wine” stamp sets and enjoyed a little wine and cheese on the side.
Dare 2B Artzy Cork Background stamp set
Dare 2B Artzy Fine Wine stamp set
1/4” piece of cork cut to fit the inside of your shadow box
Ranger distressing ink and rectangle sponge applicator
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Favorite wine colored marker
Variety of papers for covering box and decorating your cork base
Silver photo corners for embellishing
Wine, Cheese and some Crafty Friends!!!
Here is how we did it:
1) Decoupage the box with lettered paper using Modge Podge and set aside to dry well.
2) Cut the cork to fit the inside of the box. Use Memento Black ink and the “Dare 2B Artzy Cork Background” to stamp onto the piece of cork.
3) Use Ranger Distressing ink with the sponge applicator to add some brown shadows onto the cork over the black areas. You want the wine bottle corks to look like they are rounded so leave some areas highlighted.
4) Pull out all your scrap papers to make some fun pennants in varying lengths and widths. Attach to cork background with score tape and pop some up to add dimension.
5) Use your D2BA “Fine Wine” set to make some embellishments and use your distressing ink around the edges.
6) Add some brown alcohol ink to the silver corner pieces to give them a nice antiqued look.
7) After your box is dry, add distressing ink to the edges and hot glue a wine cork to the top of the box.
8) Slip the decorated cork base into the box and have a glass of wine to celebrate your beautiful piece of art!
You will have fun with these new stamp sets!
Wine is bottled poetry. Robert Stevenson
March 11, 2023 0 Comments
February 27, 2023 0 Comments
February 24, 2023 0 Comments